Steward Health Choice is here for you during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Our offices are open to help all our members. Steward Health Choice is working with MassHealth to do everything we can to help stop the spread of the virus. We are dedicated to work with you to make sure your needs are met during this time and at all times. If you think you may have COVID-19, please call your primary care provider first. Your PCP will be able to tell you what do next based on your symptoms. Do not go to their office or the hospital unless they tell you to.
Here is how we are helping you:
- Testing and screening for COVID-19 is covered at no cost to you
- Referrals are not needed for COVID-19 testing
- Telehealth and telephonic services for COVID-19 testing and treatment may be available to you
- There are no copays for lab tests
- 90-day refills of prescriptions and early refills, are available to you
- Pharmacies cannot deny medications if a member cannot pay
- Our Nurse Advice Line is open 24/7. Call 1-855-300-6915. Be ready to give your name, member ID number, and symptoms.
- If you are feeling overwhelmed, anxious, depressed or lonely, call your PCP or Member Services at 1-855-860-4949. They will help you get in touch with a professional who can help you.
- StewardCommunityConnection.org can help you find local programs and services like food pantries, financial assistance, housing, and more. It's easy to search for free or reduced cost services. Enter your zip code and click Search.
You can do your part, too.
- Stay home even if you aren’t feeling sick, as advised by state and federal public health officials
- Cover your mouth – when you cough or sneeze use a tissue or your inner elbow, not your hands.
- Wash your hands – with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use a sanitizing gel that is at least 60% alcohol
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Avoid close contact with others – 6 feet is a safe distance
- Clean with disinfectant regularly, especially surfaces that are used a lot
- Avoid shaking hands
- If you are looking for hand sanitizer, call your pharmacy. Some pharmacies can now make and sell hand sanitizer over the counter.
If you have questions about your plan coverage, you can call our Member Services team at 1-855-860-4949 Monday – Friday, 9am-8pm.
Resources and information related to the coronavirus for MassHealth members is available here: https://www.mass.gov/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-and-masshealth
View the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) here. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html